Obsession

I have a new obsession and his name is Jon Schmidt. No, I don't know him personally, but I kind of get the same feelings about him as I did about Joey in New Kids on the Block when I was eight. Not love exactly, just innocent adoration. I hope Ben doesn't mind. Watching Mr. Schmidt's videos on YouTube makes me wish I had never quit piano lessons. Twice. Hey, it interfered with cheerleading practice {Which clearly has served me better than piano lessons would have. Ahem.} My favorite is the arrangement of Taylor Swift's Love Story with Coldplay's Viva la Vida. I listen to it every morning. Really loud. My cats hate it. The intent is for me to just listen while I do other things, but I always end up watching the musicians instead, it's so fascinating to me. Watch it, it's worth your eight minutes. The end is a story of how he came up with the arrangement. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Tears and goosebumps....thats all I have to say. I miss my piano.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela!!! I'm so glad you're just as geeky about school supplies as I am. ;) Two new calendars?! Jealous, my friend, very jealous. When do you start your classes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still wish my parents had not sold their piano. 11 years of lessons, my friend! Music is just so wonderful. Wish I could see the expressions on your cats' faces!

    P.S. Don't get caught up in that Ramma Jamma Alabama crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!

    How's the kitchen painting going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just listened to the Taylor Swift song....I so agree with his daughter....that is MY favorite part too.....Awesome arrangement!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts