No. 1

Well, hello there blog.

I'm back with a BIG announcement.

Ben & I are expecting Baby #1 in December. We can't wait to welcome our little "Jingle Baby" around December 20th!

This is also the month I finish grad school. And the month Ben matches for his residency, which means we'll find out what he'll be doing & where we'll be living for the next several years once he graduates in May. Oh, and I think there's also something called Christmas that occurs that month as well?

Yes, yes we are crazy. Thanks for asking.

I wish I had the energy or creativity to write a funny, witty, insightful, touching post about pregnancy and impending motherhood, but the truth is, I don't have it in me right now. "Sebastian" (the baby's nickname until we find out the sex, after the 1st baby Ben delivered) is really taking it out of me. After one particularly horrendous day of not keeping anything down, I asked Ben how it was possible to be simultaneously miserable with life and totally elated with life at the same time. And don't get me wrong, I'm elated, thrilled, beyond happy. Ben's sister sent me a card that said "Pregnancy is the happiest reason ever for feeling like crap". I keep it on my nightstand to remind myself of the very worth it end result. And things are better now because I have Zofran. Zofran is a miracle drug. I'm in the process of writing a series of sonnets entitled "Ode to Zofran". Now I only throw up once a day. Bliss!

Before I go, I guess I'll have to share one thing with you, and I think you know what it is. I know you don't want to see it, it's just another kidney bean to you. But to me it's a BABY. It's MY BABY. So, I apologize...



...I know you understand...



...I have to do this...



...it's in my contract...



...this is your last chance to stop reading and look away...



...okay, here it is...



VOILA! BABY GOINS!




Thank you for understanding.


Comments

  1. Best post ever and I love seeing your kidney bean aka Sebastian! I am elated for you! Keep track of your pregnancy either through this blog or a new blog. I wish I would have done that. I know you are tired and throwing up and all. However, I promise you will want to read what it was like to be pregnant. All the yuck will pass and you will want to remember what you ate or what you were feeling like doing or not doing. You'll want to remember that in the beginning your dr. was your best bud and at the end you thought about ending his or her life if he/she didn't get the baby out of you ASAP. Seriously you'll want to remember. I am so happy for you. Your life will be forever changed in the best ways possible. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for your whole family (as we all were exclaiming on facebook last night!). I know how much yo mama was complaining about not having a gbaby :) It'll be an exciting fall and Christmastime around the extended family. Congratulations again and take care of yourself. I'll be praying for you.
    Love, Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy for you guys, Angela! I love the saying on the card, so true! I'm glad Zofran is helping and I hope you feel wonderful the rest of the pregnancy. You're in my prayers and I love the picture of your little kidney bean! Can't wait to meet Baby Goins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO glad you are feeling better my dear! Baby Goins is already a cutie I can tell. :)

    Congrats! love you- love you- love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you guys!!!! I LOVE the pictures of your likke kidney bean!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you're back to blog land!!! I agree with Heather, baby Goins is already a cutie! I'm so excited for you and Ben and I'm glad that the zofran is helping you, hopefully in a few more weeks the "morning" (not always in the morning-mine wasn't) sickness will get better. Writing about my pregnancy on my blog was the best thing I ever did, it's neat to look back and read the things that you forget about throughout the pregnancy. Congrats again Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Mommy! I guess it's not in the water in Harrogate anymore, so it must be spreading! I'm so excited for you and Ben. What a great journey to be taking at this time in your lives. Despite the fact that you feel a bit crummy (I'm so sorry sweetie!), you are an inspiration to all of us dear. I only wish we were closer so that we could keep you company! (You do, afterall, need a solid set of girlfriends to hold your hair back when Ben is stuck at the hospital.) We love you and miss you dearly. Congratulations, Mommy Goins! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts