Firsts

I've been overwhelmed thinking about catching up on the last 8 weeks on this blog, which results in no updates. So, we're just going to start from today and I'll catch up on the beginning a little at a time. I've loved looking at the world through Adam's eyes these past few weeks. Everything is new, everything is a first. This week included:

-Mom & Adam's first road trip together. We drove to Gatlinburg last Saturday and back on Sunday so I could spend time with my med school girls before graduation and residency scatter us from one ocean to the other (literally). The five hour drive took seven both ways, but it was worth it. Highlights include several outfit changes, Adam soaked in sweat from the drive no matter how high I had the air conditioning, several bottles, diaper changes in parking lots, one bottle and snuggle outside a Cracker Barrel, hours of sleeping, hours of crying...sometimes screaming, hours of white noise on AM radio.

-First laugh!!!!!!!!

-Packing up 0-3 month clothes at 7 weeks old. We are officially in 3-6 month clothes. It was surprising how difficult that was, I was not prepared.

-Did I mention, FIRST LAUGH!!!!!!!

I want to write about more things, like how wonderful motherhood is. And how difficult. And how it's harder than expected, but so much better than expected. I want to talk about how it's possible to feel despair and joy in the same moment. I can't find words that seem adequate, so while I search for them please stay tuned...


Comments

  1. Yay, A new post! I'm so excited for you and looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in motherhood!
    hugs and kisses for you and Adam... okay, Ben,too (if that's not too weird)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firsts are so exciting and I'm with you on putting away clothes. It's usually a tear fest when I have to box up clothes that don't fit anymore. I usually try to have some of the next size to be excited about for her to wear so I don't tear up too much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts