Rain, rain, go away

I've been feeling a little blue lately, so my friends and husband teamed together to help me cheer up! Yesterday afternoon this was delivered to my office from my wonderful Atlanta friend Elizabeth...
I would like to note here that she did order an arrangement called "Shades of Pink", but since this is the country I guess they didn't have a large enough selection of flowers to come up with enough pink, but they did pull together several beautiful flowers for me.
After work I went to my Tennessee friend (well, really Minnesota friend) Heather's house where she fed me yummy Starbucks coffee she brewed, along with delicious snacks. We had a great couple of hours talking and being entertained by her three year old Ben.
At home, Ben decided it was popcorn and movie night. Ben makes the best popcorn in the world! No bagged popcorn for him, he buys the kernels, pops them in olive oil on the stove, and finishes it off with Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt. You may think we're crazy, but it's the best!

So we gathered the ingredients...
Popped the popcorn...
Filled our favorite popcorn bowl...
And settled down in our P.J.'s to watch...
...NOTHING! Turns out, the latest DVD from Netflix had a crack in it, so no movie, whoops! We ended up just watching T.V. and reading, but it was still so fun! Ben uses every spare moment to study, so it was nice to have a weekday night to just hang out and enjoy each other. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and such wonderful friends! I'm not sure what I did to deserve you, but I'm keepin' all of you! Thanks for all the love!

Comments

  1. You sweet girl! I love, love, love you!!! Had such a great time just catching up! I'm here for you through the good and the bad. We will get through this process together and down the road... we will laugh at how rough it really was. So glad today was a better day and that you were surrounded by support and love by all. Who doesn't love Angela Goins!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts