Blessed with Birmingham


You may remember that in December we found out Ben will be doing his clinical rotations in Alabama, which we were thrilled about! You may also remember that we were supposed to find out in January which city we would be living in. Well, after a couple of weeks of pushing the date back and one pretty big scare (a.k.a. we were told we had a rural town, which resulted in my hyperventilating in the bathroom at work while I alternated between frantically calling my husband and Elizabeth. Luckily the scare lasted a total of 10 min) we found out we are moving to our first choice BIRMINGHAM!! We could not be more thrilled! I've seen God's hand in every step of this medical school process, and it's comforting to remember that He is looking out for us. We are excited about moving closer to family, who now won't be but a couple of hours away. My friend Anna lives in B'ham, my friends Elizabeth and Libby will only be a couple hours away in Atlanta, and I'll be closer to my New Orleans girls Wands and Holly. I have to keep reminding myself how much closer I'll be to old friends, because I'm beginning to get very anxious about leaving behind my friends here. I have such a wonderful support system in all of them. We will be the only DCOM students in B'ham, so I will probably find myself a little lonely without them.
We are now starting to plan for the big move in June. I've already left my job at LMU to begin focusing on the next steps I'm going to take in my life. I'm hoping to substitute teach a little to bring in some money, but other than that I'm a stay at home mom of two kitty cats. Hey, don't laugh, they are a handful!

Comments

Popular Posts