Missing...young woman...strawberry-blonde...no blog updates for two and a half months...

Well,I'm back! After a slight...okay...long hiatus from the blogging world I'm back. I haven't been totally absent though, you just haven't seen me. In fact, I've been the worst kind of blogger. I've been lurking and stalking other blogs and giving no love to them with comments as well as lazily neglecting my own. But sometimes you just have to give yourself a break. It's been a hectic couple of months, and I decided to focus attention on my actual life instead of my blogging life.
Which leads me to your thought of the day. We all put a lot of time into our blogs highlighting the best parts of our families, friends, and lives. What if....just what if....we took all the time we put into our blogs trying to make ourselves look perfect and redirect it into actually making our lives that perfect? Wouldn't that be a much better use of our time? Profound, huh? Do you need to sit down? So, give yourself a day, week, month off. You'll be surprised how your thoughts reorganize themselves. You can actually go through the day without grabbing your camera and thinking about how you're going to blog about each little thing that happens. You can live life without mentally translating each event into a blog (come on, you know you do it). There's a lot to be said for blogging, it allows us a creative outlet, we can connect with family and friends, and it is an ongoing diary of our lives that we are preserving forever. All reasons I love blogging. I'm just saying, give yourself some time every now and then to step away from the computer screen and enter into the actual world. What could you discover?

You may notice a new look here at Goin Places. I've deleted a lot of my sidebar links and gadgets and junk and gone to a white background for a cleaner, more streamlined look. This is representative of my 2009 quest to simplify. In the Goins' household we're stripping down (wait...I just realized how that sounded...I'm not talking about that kind of stripping down...ahem) and getting rid of what we don't need or use. We're reducing and reusing. We're not recycling because they don't do that in this neck of the woods. So, I felt the blog should reflect my new approach to life. Ahhh! I feel better all ready!

Comments

  1. You are right - when I take time off from blogging I think more clearly and actually really like my life! I also agree that when I do blog, I never blog about crummy days. I am not sure why that is. Maybe I want things to look perfect and through a blog/facebook you can do that. I need to work on that. Perfection is not real life. xoxoxo - Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!!! I'm such a blog addict. I look at it as my digital diary for myself, Ryan and Ben. My long term goal is to print this junk out some day and bind it into a book for my kidlets to reflect back on. :) I love you, Ang! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts