It's Our Day


Three years ago today Ben and I became a family. Reflecting back on the past three years, I can't believe all that has occurred, namely, all the moves! In three years we've lived in three states. Twice we've uprooted our entire lives and left behind family and friends to start completely anew. Nomadic living has certainly strengthened our marriage. When we left Tennessee for the last time on Friday, I shed a few tears looking around the empty house. We left the only state we ever knew (not to mention civilization) and came to Tennessee with nothing but each other. I feel that's where we really became a family. As I look back on the first three years I start thinking about the next three years. They will bring a doctorate degree, a master's degree, Ben will become a Captain in the Air Force and a physician, another move (one even farther away), beginning residency, and hopefully, our first child.

But even with all the really big stuff that's happened, it's really those little things that make up a marriage. Coffee and eggs on weekend mornings, the hectic weekday mornings, popcorn and movie night, foot rubs, morning cuddles, grilling out, friends over for dinner, feeding the cats, decorating for the holidays, and fighting over what lamps to buy. But, when you're married to the right person, all of those boring, mundane, everyday things seem Magical. I'm so glad I've always believed in magic.

Comments

  1. Yay! Happy Anniversary to the cutest couple EVER! I hope you two love bugs have something fun planned that doesn't involve unpacking, medical school or moving. :) Love you-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I feel like you were getting married just yesterday! I know you have so many fun adventures ahead. Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Angela and Ben! LOVED this entry of your blog. So sweet, so simple, and just...well, perfect. :) I miss you! We need to have a girl's night. Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts