4 Years





Today marks four years of marriage for Ben and I. Compared to previous years, this year has been relatively quiet! Or maybe not exactly quiet, but certainly pretty calm by our standards. It's a good thing we had a breather, because this next year will put all the other years to shame. By the time our 5 year anniversary rolls around, I'll have a master's, Ben will be a doctor, we'll be active in the military, Ben will be in his first month of residency, and oh yeah, we'll have a 6 month old!


Ben has been in Biloxi, MS for the past month doing a medicine rotation, but he will be home tomorrow, which is giving me flashbacks to our two year anniversary. I spent a week down there with him exploring the area as this is a possible residency site for him, so I really only spent 3 weeks total without him. I have not talked about his absence this month on the blog or facebook per Ben's request. Apparently he was worried that some stalker would discover I was home alone and come after me. I guess I let the secret out a day ahead of time since he won't be home until tomorrow. Well, ATTENTION WEIRDOS: PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT I HAVE A .38 AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT. There, that takes care of that.


Did I really just work a firearm into an anniversary blog? That takes talent, people.


Anyway...I am absolutely giddy about him coming home tomorrow. I feel like a 16 year old preparing for her first date. Of course, I guess that didn't involve scrubbing toilets and grocery shopping, but the romance is there just the same. This past month we've gotten serious about discussing where we want to live next and what Ben wants his specialty to be. Being as close as possible to family would be wonderful, especially with the baby coming, but I had to stop and remind myself that no matter where we are all we really need is each other, and that wherever the two of us are together, that's home. That might be the most important lesson I've learned from the past four years.


Four years seems like a long time to me. That is, until I remember my grandparents celebrated 60 years of marriage earlier this month. No, that was not a typo, 60 YEARS! So, Ben and I are still only at the very beginning with an entire lifetime left to live together. And, well, that is just fine with us.

Comments

  1. Enjoyed this, Angela. Brings back memories of New Orleans. I had Stephen and Erin there while John was in seminary...way far away from family. I missed them but it just seemed natural. I was with John and that's all that mattered. I had friends in similar situations and we just helped each other. Lots of good memories! Have fun and enjoy these days. We'll see you very soon!
    Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Angela. Kyle and I celebrate ours on Monday. I love how you said you worked firearms into an anniversary post, nice. Enjoy your hubby, I feel like Kyle had been gone even though it was just for COMLEX studying. I totally get the high school giddy girl part. Hope you guys have a great anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts