The Belly That Will Eventually Overtake Birmingham

Photobucket


Okay, so I realize my stomach has been growing at a rather alarming rate. But I didn't fully realize how big I'd gotten until Ben took the first bump picture of me last night. I was honestly shocked. After circulating the picture around to friends and family today it is confirmed, this is NOT normal growth people. All day I've been feeling my belly, and by the time Ben got home, I was convinced my uterus, which should still be a little shy of the belly button, had already reached the 20 week belly button mark. This is where having a husband with a couple of OB and family practice rotations under his belt comes in handy. Ben promptly got out his trusty tape measure, palpated my belly to determine the location of my uterus, and sure enough I'm at 20 centimeters exactly, reaching to my belly button. The 20 week mark.


At 15 weeks.


Good grief.


And no, there is no way my dates are off. My cycles were perfect, my ovulation was perfect. Believe me, I know when I got pregnant. There's only one explanation.


This is Ben G's child. And he's at an all you can eat buffet. Have you seen Ben at an all you can eat buffet? Tales of the amounts of food my husband can put away are legendary. So really, what did I expect?


But one thing concerns me. If my growth continues at this rapid rate, what will I look like at 9 months pregnant? And more importantly...


HOW AM I GOING TO GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME?!


Post Edit: Would you quit reading my blog if I said I feel a little like Bella growing Renesmee in her belly? You would? Okay, then pretend I didn't say that.

Comments

  1. A good measurement will come at your actual 20 week ultrasound and then they can keep a close eye on the baby's growth. And, as far as getting him or her out, it's called a C-section. Not my number one choice but better than risking yours or the the baby's life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, you are just too cute!!! He or she just might be a big boy or girl. I wish I could see you and your adorable baby bump, this is definitely a time I wish we all still lived in Harrogate, did I really just say that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts