Good Bye Summer

Photobucket
Well, not quite yet, but wouldn't that be nice? Aren't we all ready for this heat to GO AWAY?! This is the time of year I give up completely on trying to actually fix my hair and just wear it in a ponytail. By late September I've normally forgotten what hairstyle I even have.

It's not really the end of summer, but today is the last day of my summer vacation. It's back to school tomorrow. With my backpack and belly I look ready to appear on the next episode of MTV's Sixteen and Pregnant. Having the last few months off has been an enormous blessing. I ended the spring semester 8 weeks pregnant and extremely ill. I'll never forget finishing my last paper of the semester sitting on the floor by my toilet with my laptop in my lap because I just saved time that way. You know, no constantly getting up and going back and forth. I was lucky that after that I've been able to spend lots of time off resting and adjusting to pregnancy. I don't know how I would have done it otherwise. Ben has worked with a couple of residents who are pregnant, sick, on their feet all day for long hours, and wearing fetal radiation monitors to make sure their babies aren't overexposed (wouldn't you freak out?!). I really don't know how they are doing it. I think I could have handled my old desk job in the air conditioning, but on my feet all day? No way, those women deserve a medal, and anyone else in those conditions.

While the break has been fabulous I'm ready for the return to my routine and the opportunity to focus my mind on something other than the baby (sorry buddy). Having all this time with nothing to do but plan for the baby is not good for my mental health. I know there was another Angela who existed before this mombie took over, and I'm looking forward to becoming reacquainted with her very soon.

So, bye bye summer, I'm ready to move on. In four months time I will have a master's degree and a baby (hopefully in that order, ahem, are you listening in there??). Let's get this show on the road.


Comments

  1. So proud of you!!! Its going to be a great fall and winter, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. these next four months will fly by!!! Little guy...you better listen to your momma...stay in there just until she walks across stage for her Masters degree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait Mr. Adam till AFTER mommy has walked across the stage. We don't want you to make THAT kind of entrance into the world. Afterwards at her celebratory dinner would be fine...hee,hee.

    Jen's right- these next 4 months are going to fly!

    Go Angela!!! Master of Degrees!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts