A Piece of my Childhood



Every year for the past several years at this time I begin a search for a piece of nostalgia..the 1984 Cabbage Patch Christmas Album. Every Christmas in my childhood memory we listened to this cassette over and over and over again. I'm sure my parents were sick and tired of it, but I loved it. Those songs were some of the first Christmas songs I learned, and I've longed to hear them again as I have no idea what happened to the cassette (Mom probably couldn't take it anymore and destroyed it). Well, this morning I decided to do a quick Google search and found and downloaded the entire album in seconds! You have no idea how excited I am. I'm listening to it at work right now. I feel I've been transported back 21 years and I'm riding home on Christmas Eve in my tights and patent leather shoes gazing out the window and searching the sky for Santa. Or climbing out of the car at Home Depot, ready to walk up and down the rows of trees to pick out the perfect one. I had wonderful Christmases growing up, which is why I still love it so much now. I'm so glad to have these songs back to share with my own children someday soon. If you're at all interested in the songs go to http://vinylorphanage.com/?p=61#comment-9314 . And yes, the comment on the page from "Angela" is me. I hope you all embrace Christmas this year with childlike faith and entusiasm!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts