Fall Nights

Despite the fact that the low tonight in Hoover, AL is 47 very cold degrees, Ben and I will be braving the night with our windows open. Why? Well, because we're suckers for fresh cool breezes and the sounds of frogs and crickets outside our window. And because the rosebush outside our bedroom window has burst forth in all its Indian Summer glory, and in the mornings the dew and wind carry the scent of roses to us while we wake from slumber. Not to worry, we'll be snug and cozy under our sheets and comforter, me in p.j. pants, socks, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt, and Ben in his birthday suit. If we get cold we'll use the trusty old heating method of snuggling.

The only problem I forsee is the morning. When you're warm and cozy under the sheets with the love of your life, who wants to peel off the covers and emerge into the cold world? Even if there is a good cup of coffee as a reward?

Good night! Happy Fall Y'all!

Comments

  1. Ugh! This was totally us last night. I slept in a north face fleece and was still cold!But, who can resist the fall evenings with the windows open? My favorite! It was sooooo hard to get up this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sleeping with the windows open! I am so that girl that puts on 2 shirts, sweatshirt, hat and puffy socks and pulls the covers over my head....all to smell the fresh air. But your right, then morning comes- the warm/fuzzy bear named Ryan has gone to work and the thought of getting out of bed is painful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts