Happy Thoughts

Reasons why I am happy today....

1. My mom is coming tomorrow to help me get stuff to Goodwill and to our storage unit to finish getting the house ready for Sir Adam. Also the crib from my mom and stepdad that is fully assembled and decked out with bedding. I stand over it several times a day and imagine a baby boy snuggled and sleeping. Nesting is in full gear.

2. I had my 28 week doctor's appointment on Monday and passed my glucose test. Blood pressure still low (thanks mom for those genes), fundal height measuring exactly on schedule (and my doctor says I'm NOT too big, so there), and baby heart rate is strong and perfect. Healthy mama & baby!

3. It's October! My FAVORITE month!

4. Ben has finally decided on a residency! He is applying for internal medicine residencies. That will be 3 years and after that he will probably choose a fellowship to specialize. I know he's looking at a primary care sports medicine and an interventional cardiology program. But we have 3 more years before he has to make that decision.

5. I'm feeling great! I have more energy and I even think my nausea is subsiding some. Besides little things like backaches, stomach muscle aches, and my feet swelling on class days I'm really not having any other pregnancy symptoms right now. And those things are very doable. I've been so much more active the past week I actually got shin splints. Seriously.

6. I received permission to present on my research at my graduate colloquia in November instead of my internship. What, you don't think that's exciting? It is! I promise!

7. As of last night I have a new cousin! Welcome Levi! 2 boy cousins are here, 3 more to go!

8. Autumn Wreath Yankee candles, my fall wreath, and putting out baskets piled high with cozy blankets.

9. Cooler temperatures, although I think I'm the only person who doesn't think it's really all that cool. I need low 70's at least please. It still feels hot outside to me, but at least it's not unbearable.

10. Cable. Yes, the G family has broken down and gotten cable. I'm not gonna lie, I like it.

11. Ben comes home 2 weeks from today! We're on the downhill slide!

12. A baby boy who nudges and kicks me and makes me feel not totally alone while his daddy is gone.

Why are you happy today?

Comments

  1. those are great reasons to be happy! I'm happy b/c it October, Samantha's birthday is in 9 days and i bought her b-day present today! Jim has decided on EM for residency!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts