Don't Blink

Photobucket
Are You Popped Collar Cool?


Sir Adam has managed to do several things this past week to send me into emotional turmoil.

1. He turned 3 months old on March 13, meaning he officially leaves behind his newborn months. The nerve.
2. He decided he needed to begin sleeping in his crib. Yes, HE decided, I did not. I would be perfectly happy with him in the bassinet next to my bed for oh, say, the rest of my life, but he was hitting the sides at night and waking himself up. I am a big fan of co-sleeping (sleeping within arms reach of one another) and planned to do it for at least the first 6 months, but Adam has other plans. So in his own room he goes. And he doesn't even have a real room, just a tiny former office with no windows. I finally made it back in our bed after spending the first couple of nights on the couch so I could be closer to him. Next baby I'm getting one of these.
3. He began to lose the little dark "baby mullet" hair patch he's had on the back of his head since birth. In fact, most of his dark hair is falling out and being replaced with little blonde fuzz.
4. He moved into 6-9 month clothes.
5. He started cutting his first tooth. Because boys normally cut teeth later, and because Ben did not cut his first tooth until 11 months, I naively assumed Adam would be very late. Teeth were not even on my radar screen. I haven't researched or read anything about teething. I am woefully unprepared. I have no idea how to handle this. One google search on the subject has me completely confused. I mean, does Sophie the Giraffe really have magic powers? It's things like this I need to know.

Every new moment is so wonderful, but I can't help but miss my little snuggly newborn. That is, until I remember being up with him every few hours during the night and then I think hey, maybe this growing up stuff isn't so bad after all!

But then again....




Please excuse me while my heart breaks.


Comments

  1. I stumbled upon your blog today and I love it. Also, your baby is ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts