Time to Get Goin'...Again

Peeps, I am so ready to be done with medical school and moving on to residency. Graduation is just 9 short weeks away (!!!) and then we will then be continuing our tour of the Southeastern United Sates and moving to Biloxi, Mississippi. This blog ain't called Goin' Places for nothin' people. So we will officially hit our fourth state before our 5 year wedding anniversary in June. For those keeping track that's Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and soon, Mississippi.



Wait, what? I didn't mention before we were moving to Biloxi? Or that Match Day for the military was two days after Adam was born? And that we were holding our 2 day old baby in the hospital at 8 a.m. while Ben frantically checked his Blackberry for his assignment from the Air Force and prayed we weren't getting sent to San Francisco across the country from our families? No? Oh.


Well, I mentioned I also graduated that week too right? Two days before Adam was born? No? *Sigh* Sorry, I've been busy. So it went something like this:


Saturday, December 11: Ang graduates with Masters in Communication Studies from the University of Alabama. After completing 71 pages worth of papers the week before. In bed. Barely able to move, having contractions, on crutches, with symphysis pubis dysfunction and a 10 pound baby in me. Thanks be to goodness for a supportive husband, understanding professors, the interwebs, and FedEx. It wasn't verified I actually graduated until January, long story, but anyway, I did, and I have the pretty diploma to prove it. Well, it's honestly not that pretty. It kind of looks like those Good Citizenship certificates you used to get in 1st grade. I mean, seriously Alabama??
Monday, December 13: I gave birth to a child. A real live honest to goodness human. Holy Moly.
Wednesday, December 15: Medical Match Day for the Military. We found out Ben matched Internal Medicine in Biloxi, MS, which was our first choice. Whew! Ben said he never would have thought matching for residency would be only the 2nd biggest thing to happen to him in a week. I mean, seriously.


Yes, it was stressful. Just for the record, it is possible to fit several life changing events in the time frame of a few days, but I wouldn't recommend it. Especially not when you're dealing with the postpartum crazies.


Okay, all caught up now?


So, we are here in Birmingham, where we never really put down roots, and are just grinding out our time. No friends, no family, blah blah blah.


I'm so ready to live here
And go to church here

And play here
But probably not here
But maybe here, quite famous for their spa services you know
And we will make friends! Glorious friends! I am a person who needs friends. Friendship has enriched my life in so many ways. Girlfriends, couple friends, the possibilities are endless. Dinner dates! Playgroup! Entertaining people at our home! Ahhh! I'm dizzy headed with anticipation.


And we're almost there.


Looks like we made it.


Comments

  1. Wow, that is a lot on your plate, girl. Makes me tired thinking about it and if it had been me, I would have said, no babies for a while! My Grandpa is in Biloxi so I've been quite a few times for visits. It gets hot, very very hot and stinky because there are paper mills down there. But, you have the beach right there so enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, your post had me giggling (and admiring all that you accomplished)! I can't wait for all that's in store with life's next chapter. Oh, friends, glorious friends (sounds wonderful) and how about a "woo-woo" to having all my stuff together under one roof (in the same state)! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, sounds like our life....minus the military. Crazy girl, just keep chugging along, life's a journey isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just read this. how did i miss it?!
    well, my birth mom lives in mobile so when we go down to visit her this summer we can meet up. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts