Book Club

Through the Student Advocate Association at the med school (a group made up of the families and communities of medical students) I assisted in beginning a book club. I was so excited to do something like this because I love to read and I'm always looking for suggestions for great books. Eight of us met this month at my house and enjoyed yummy snacks and great conversation! The first book we read was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni. It was a wonderful book, although very difficult to get through. It dealt with very dark issues, and reminded me how lucky I am to have the family I do and to have grown up in this amazing country.
We meet again next month at Savannah Edwards' home and we'll be discussing The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. I'm looking forward to new friends and new books this year!

Comments

Popular Posts