The Gene Pool Annual Black Friday Shopping Trip

While planning my wedding, my grandfather (Bip) nicknamed by Grandmother, Mother, and I "The Gene Pool". Apparently he feels that when we all get together that's a whole lot of the same DNA in one place! As long as I can remember, Mama and Grandmother have been going on an annual Black Friday shopping trip. My freshman year of college, I was finally invited to come along. I remember I felt like it was a right of passage and that I was finally growing up! This year was my ninth Black Friday trip, and I decided the trip definitely needed to be commemorated. We wake up early and head out the door, armed with our Macy's Door Buster coupons (used to be Rich's, then Rich's-Macy's, finally just Macy's).

So we gathered at Grandmother's...

...and left Bip on his own (for which I'm sure he was thankful). Ben and my brother John arrived later to take him to breakfast.Hit our favorite spot...

Grandmother is very happy after getting a great deal on...
well, I better not say. Don't want to ruin anyone's Christmas present.

Mother looking slightly irritated after a Macy's saleswoman informed her
that she needed to "start reading her coupons."

Me toting just some of the purchases.
Pause for lunch and salad (I can't get salad in this part of Tennessee).
Off to another favorite...
Mom and I enjoying our annual Starbucks
caramel apple cider with whipped cream.
The car after the purchases
Home at last, and exhausted!

Comments

Popular Posts