A Little Clean Old-Fashioned Hate

The Saturday after Thanksgiving Ben and I were invited by our good friends John and Ivy to volunteer with the American Red Cross as first aid assistants at the Georgia/Georgia Tech game. We jumped at the chance because we hadn't been back to Athens since we moved over a year ago and we love our Dawgs! John and Ben worked together at the Red Cross and both left last fall. John is at Emory in PA school so we really never get to see them, because they're just as busy as we are. My little brother John is a student at Georgia so he came and met us at the game. We used our "working" passes to get down next to the field. We lost, which was OK. We've won for the past seven years so it's nice if the other team loses every once in a while to keep it an actual rivalry. You could tell that the Tech coach and players just wanted it more. They played incredibly smart and hard. The only thing that disappointed me was when I was clapping for the Georgia Tech players as they left the field telling them good game, I noticed they had several items in their teeth and hands. Upon closer examination, I realized they were our beloved and sacred hedges. This shocked me as I consider Tech a very classy team. But, I suppose it's normal to get caught up in a victory, especially one that was so long coming. I do have to say that the Tech fans lived up to my classy expectations, and we're always glad to host them in Athens.


With my brother John.



Good-bye to Larry Munson


Uga!


After game eats!
And THIS Ladies and Gentlemen, is a meatball sub from Little Italy.On the way out of town Ben and I drove past our first home together. This is not a great picture, it was taken in the dark rain in a moving car. Oh little house, you were so good to us!


Comments

Popular Posts