How to Beat the Blahs #1

Photobucket

Make Pizza Margherita with fresh ingredients and pretend the tomatoes and basil are from your backyard garden. We usually have this every Friday night, but it fell out of the rotation during the holidays. After the heaviness of holiday foods, we were ready for something a little healthier.

Tips:
  1. I always add baby bella mushrooms.
  2. Try with a whole wheat crust to make it even healthier. Make your own so you control exactly what you consume!
  3. Use white balsamic vinaigrette so you don't discolor the basil. Add extra!

Read the history of Pizza Margherita here. It's more than a meal, it's a cultural and historical experience.


**Image property of Cooking Light.
(Not to brag, but I think this is one of the few things I make where my version comes out looking prettier than the cookbook version. I think it's because I use lots of basil.)

Oh yeah, wash down with plenty of good ole fashioned WATER and welcome back your previously healthy ways!


Comments

  1. Ohh sounds like a good one to try! I made baked potato soup tonight from Southern Living - full of fat but ohhhh soooo good! Your blog looks GREAT! I will for sure let you know if I decide to go private and how to get to our blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts