This Is Our Fate, I'm Yours

My husband and I began dating NINE years ago today, January 13, 2001. Since then I've regarded the number 13 as the luckiest number in the world. Although, our first kiss did take place before that in December of 2000, but that's another story for another time. Yesterday on my birthday I realized that the first time Ben kissed me I was 19, now I'm 29. That just doesn't seem possible.

I'm declaring our official love song for 2010 to be I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. This song was introduced to me by Ben several months ago when he made it my ringtone on his phone. Click here to listen {in case you haven't heard it already during one of the 1001 times it's played on the radio}.

I love the lyrics because it reminds me of when Ben and I gave up trying to fight what seemed inevitable, which was being together. We joke that we are together in spite of our collective stubbornness. Only one thing is stronger than our stubborn dispositions, and that's God. Just one more thing I have to thank Him for, because man, do I love that husband of mine.

Wishing you lots of romance in 2010!

But I won't hesitate no more,
no more it cannot wait
I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and darn* you're free
look into your heart and you will find that the sky is yours

so please don't, please don't, please don't,
there's no need to complicate,
Cause our time is short
This, this, this is our fate,
I'm yours

If my life had a soundtrack these would be the lyrics playing in the background when Ben kissed me for the first time. Although, the song had not yet been written, oh bothersome technicalities!

*The lyrics have been slightly edited for bad words. Because bad words have no place in an anniversary post, don't you agree?

*********************************************************************************
To properly give credit where credit is due, please know that the concept of having a "Love Song of the Year" came from this post.

Comments

Popular Posts