The Loveliness of Birthdays

I had a lovely birthday, despite the the fact most of it was spent on campus either in class or fighting the lines in the campus bookstore. In the morning before leaving for school, I received my traditional phone call from Grandmother and Bip. G & B sing "Happy Birthday" to all of their children and grandchildren on their birthdays. Over the years the song has become quite advanced, including harmony and Bip's glorious soprano on the very last "you".
Trust me, folks, in my family it's not your birthday until you receive your annual song from G & B.

After class I returned home around 7 o'clock in the evening where I found my husband, several cards and a brown paper package. I have an especial fondness for brown paper packages, more on that later. Speaking of G & B, my stack of cards included one from them with my annual one dollar bill, also a must on your birthday if you are of Couch descent. There were also very sweet cards from my husband. Oh, and the brown paper package was from my honey and contained this:

Photobucket

Yes, that is Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volumes 1 & 2! Looks like I better get cookin'!

I Love Birthdays!


Comments

  1. Glad you had a good birthday. We have a singing tradition in our family too! It's my aunt and grandpa that always do it. Also, "13" is lucky in our family. I did a post on it last Feb. 13th because it was Friday the 13th. Anna is lucky in her 13's as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, lucky duck!!! Now you can cook through Julia Child's book, that is awesome! I'm glad to hear you had a good birthday even though most of it was spent in class. Can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh happy birthday and bon appetit! (giggle)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts