Just the Two of Us

Why yes,I did put on entirely too much under-eye makeup, thank you for asking.

Ben left today for his first TDY. He'll be gone for the month of September to Jackson working in the ICU of the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Jackson is only about 3 hours north of here, so we're planning a trip to see him in a couple of weeks as well as really hoping that he might be able to make a quick trip back here if his schedule allows. But heck, I hate seeing that guy go! The first couple of hours after he leaves are the worst. There's a palpable emptiness around me. Then I brush it off and settle into my life-without-Ben routine. I've done the month away thing plenty of times, but this is the first time I've done it with a baby at home. I hate that Ben & Adam are going to be separated that long, it just breaks my heart. With Ben's schedule I'm used to doing the parent thing alone, most days he leaves before Adam wakes up and is home after he goes to sleep, but I normally get at least one day a week where I get to share parenting duties with someone. I'm tired just thinking about it. I do have a game plan to get me through the next few weeks:

1. Trip back to Georgia to visit family & weekend beach trip.
2. Trip to Jackson to see Daddy. Excited to visit after finishing The Help, which was set in Jackson.
3. Watch the BBC 5 hour version of Pride & Prejudice borrowed from my friend Casey.
4. Watch Mad Men on Netflix
5. Finally make my window mistreatments and hang them. Oh wait, does anyone want to help me hang some curtain rods? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on?
6. Lots of playgroups.
7. Painting some furniture.
8. Painting some things with chalkboard paint. What things? I don't know, anything is game.
9. Adam's 1st birthday party plans.
10. Enjoying the fact that we are kicking the 2nd worst month of the year, August*, to the curb and getting one month closer the the best month of the year, October.
11. Getting ready for Fall.
12. Pinterest, I'm pretty sure Pinterest will somehow be involved.

Look out September, I OWN you.

*Official WORST month of the year is March. Yuck March. You stink.

**After drafting this post I got a call from Ben. While checking into his hotel he received an email with his work schedule. He starts Sunday, not tomorrow. Which means we missed out on FOUR WHOLE relaxing days together. Do you know how rare four days are in Intern Time?! Weelll Shoot.

Comments

  1. I'm so proud of you and think your month of activities sounds fun. If you have a free second during your time in GA -- Bennett would LOVE to see Adam! (and I would love to see you!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts