Blessed Assurance

With the blissfully happy but also tumultuous and unsure events I have ahead of me this next year, I find myself humming a familiar hymn for comfort. I'm not sure if there is another form of music that can rival Gospel in its ability to communicate deep and eternal truths with such simplicity and beauty. I find myself turning to it more and more. These few lines give me peace and comfort, as well as the confidence to keep moving forward.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!   
O what a foretaste of glory divine!   
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,   
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.    

This is my story, this is my song,   
praising my Savior all the day long;   
this is my story, this is my song,   
praising my Savior all the day long.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts