Party of Three

Last night Ben felt the baby move for the first time. We were lying in bed falling asleep and his hand was on my lower abdomen. I felt the baby begin moving under his hand which I quickly grabbed and pressed down into my belly. I didn't think he would be able to feel it, but he said felt a little quickening and fluttering (it doesn't feel like fluttering from my end for the record). I said "Honey, you feel it? That's our baby!" He just laughed and said "pretty cool". I was so glad he was finally in on our intimate moments. I was beginning to feel like he was being left out of our party of two, and was quite happy to make it a party of three. The baby kept moving right under his hand as he drifted off to sleep. I remained awake reveling in the feeling of the three of us layered together; his hand, my belly, then baby, all connected. I fell in love with the new entity the three of us made together. Our family. It was a beautiful moment.

Comments

  1. Oh that gave me goose bumps:) So sweet I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts