Lullaby

Since the baby can now hear me, I've started singing songs especially for him or her. My only hope is that since the ability to hear is new to my little dumplin' he or she will not have an overly critical musical ear. In other words, I hope Baby isn't crouched in the corner of my womb with their hands to their ears yelling "Mommy stop!"

So when a southern girl goes looking for a lullaby, where does she turn? Well, Elvis, of course. My current favorite describes my feelings exactly for my sweet blessing.

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin I love you,
And I always will.

POST EDIT: Reviewing my last 3 posts, I've certainly been in a lyrical mood this week, haven't I? Maybe I need to snap out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts